Website Care Plans
Every website we build comes with a free month of the Standard Plan website care. These plans are to extend your coverage beyond the first month. A website care plan isn't required but it is highly recommended for all websites.
- Update all plugins and theme.
- Update the core WordPress software as needed.
- License management for all premium plugins used on your website*.
- Daily backups off-site for your website.
- Perform major security updates for WordPress after they're available and tested.
- Real-time premium security scanning, protection, and monitoring.
- Uptime monitoring to make sure your website is available to visitors.
- We will take care of any downtime issues with your host if you use the recommended host we provide.
- Ensure your website is functioning normally after all updates.
- Search engine optimization rank monitoring for up to 100 keywords.
- Monthly report with details on all care and statistics of your website.
- Everything from the Standard Plan.
- Up to 2 hours of premium support. We will answer your questions or make minor changes to your website within this limit. If the job requires more time, we will provide you a quote at our discounted billable rate.
* If your website was designed by Exprance.
Why Consider A Care Plan?
The internet is a rapidly changing environment and your website is built on a dynamic platform with many moving parts. These moving parts make it easier to update, and extend your website but can become vulnerable to malicious activity if not taken care of properly. These vulnerabilities are regularly patched by a worldwide team of developers but they need to be applied and tested on your platform.
The patches created for your website are not and cannot be applied automatically effectively. That means your website will become vulnerable to malicious activity over time if you don’t maintain the application that runs your website. Not only that but it's essential that regular backups and security checks are made on your website.
I encourage you to consider one of these plans to make sure your website doesn’t become a tool used by hackers to harm others.
What's Inside The Monthly Care Report?
Watch this video to see what's on the monthly website care report.
What It's Designed For
The website care plans are designed to maintain your website so it remains secure, fast, and functional. The Standard Plan is designed to keep your website secure and backed up. The Standard+ Plan is designed to also provide you with more support on your website so you can quickly receive support for issues you experience.
Is It Required?
Before the final hand-off of your website to you, you'll have the option to continue your care plan beyond the first free month. It is an option, not required, but there are risks involved with not extending website care.
Because there are risks involved with not extending the website care plan, you are at least required to deny coverage and sign.
Adding Coverage Later
You can always add a website care plan after you've declined it. If you decide to add coverage at a later date, your website will be updated and tested at the time coverage begins and additional fees may be incurred for doing so.
If your website has already been hacked due to lack of coverage, there will be additional charges to recover your website before a website plan will begin. Depending on the extent of the destruction caused to your website, the cost to restore your website will vary.
Can Anyone Buy A Website Care Plan?
Yes, we will extend the website care plans to anybody with a WordPress website who would like premium service to make sure your website is always 100%.
If you sign up and we haven't worked on your website before, we will require an administrator login to make sure we're able to perform all necessary updates.
What Can Happen If I Don't Accept Coverage
If you don't accept coverage for a website care plan, your website will slowly become out of date. Without updates being made on a monthly basis, plugins will remain out-of-date and vulnerable to newly discovered bugs in the software.
Updates can also cause your website to break. If your website is automatically updated by your server then you risk your website breaking without even knowing.
Just as updating your smartphone on a regular basis is required, updating your website is the same concept.
Here are some of the things that can happen if your website is outdated:
- Hackers can gain access to your website and modify all the content.
- Hackers can hold your website hostage demanding a fee to return it to you.
- All content on your website can be changed or destroyed.
- Your website can be used to host a malicious page created to gain access to other people's accounts.
- Your domain will get penalized by Google for a long time if your page is found with malware on it.
There are many bad things that can happen if your website is hacked. Not only can these bad things happen but your domain can be permanently damaged in search rankings. It may never recover and the domain name may have to be abandoned.